Monday, January 10, 2011

Connections

One of my resolutions for the year is to rekindle connections in my 'real' life.  The internet has afforded us so many options to make connections; blogs, Facebook, message boards and so many more but how often do we actually connect with the actual person on the other end of that social network?  My bet is that it's not all that frequent.  This day and age, life is so rushed and hectic.  We've got a million places to be and only 24 hours/day to get there.  Sometimes the people we truly care about get left behind, even if only for the moment.  And then there is the coordinating of schedules.  It's a task in and of itself to actually pick a date to meet up.  It's next to impossible when there are more than 2 people involved.

This year I resolve to make an effort with my family and friends.  I want to spend more time alone with Brian.  We have a wonderful relationship, we get along so well and laugh a lot but we rarely get time alone, away from the house.  I want date nights, dinners, time to be together without kids screaming in the background.

I also want to see my girlfriends more.  We need to re-establish our book club, aka food and booze club.  We have so much fun together and all we really need is great food, some beer and wine and each other.  I'm very lucky to have a close knit group of ladies that really understand me and accept me for who I am.

Lastly, I want to make new connections.  I want to put myself out there and make new friends.  It seems to be a foreign concept to us grown ups.  Why not actually "be friends" with some of my Facebook friends?  Why not make a playdate with some moms from preschool or ECFE?  Why not get to know my neighbors better?  There is no reason not to and I resolve to change that.

What are your resolutions this year?  Do you feel a lack of connections in your real life?  How can you make time for the loved ones in your life? 

And on a totally unrelated note (although another resolution), go check out my Project 365: Oh Snap.  I'd love to hear your comments and feedback.  And link up if you are doing one too!  I love checking out all the wonderful pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a whole blog on all of the resolutions I have this year. It's nice to see you wanting to spend more time with Brian. I don't have kids but I can see where spouse's could become distant with kids even if the love is still there. Rekindle that flame!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! What floats your boat?