Friday, September 3, 2010

Finding YOUR Joy...

I decided very spontaneously to take a photography course called Finding YOUR Joy through Willette Designs.  This course is designed to help you document not only your family's life, but actually insert yourself into those moments in front of the camera.  As a photographer, you often find yourself to be behind the camera almost 100% of the time and this happens to be very true for myself as well.  I'm very picky when it comes to my pictures and like to have complete control and I also don't feel very comfortable on the other side of the lens.  This class will hopefullly get me to step outside of my comfort zone and allow me to document my life as well as my family's life.  I look forward to the journey. 

I don't start until next week but I got my remote shutter release today and was really excited to try it out.  Here are a few of my shots, not too bad if you ask me!  I'm really excited about this and will share my journey with you! 

This was a very impromptu shoot, I didn't take time to do my hair or makeup or change into something cuter, but I like how it turned out.  This is me, living room a mess, kid in the background, messy hair and scrubby clothes.  Me in the moment.  I like it.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Me and the girls, funny face time!  Good times.


Ok, now a sweet one.  I love it, not forced and looks genuine.  I *heart* it!


What do you to document yourself in your own life?  Do you have insecurities about being in front of the camera?  What can you do to change that?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your photography course. I like seeing you on this side of the camera too, especially with a Vikings t-shirt on! You are your girls look very cute together.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love! What floats your boat?